Hi Elia

I enabled CoA on Unifi Controller and on PacketFence "Switches" section I
> added the AP through his IP, then I configured: SNMP strings, WebServices
> (https), RADIUS secret password, associated VLAN IDs with Roles, specified
> Unifi Controller IP address, enabled deauth wih CoA, specified "RADIUS"
> under Deauthentication Method option, choosed "Production" mode and "Unifi
> Controller" as type.

If your deauth method is RADIUS, just configure a RADIUS secret password,
use CoA, and your VLANS per role. There is no need to configure web
services or SNMP, controller ip address.

You can debug CoA on the UAPS, with tcpdump so you can check if RADIUS
messages are reaching APs, something like this:

IP pf.your-server.com.ar.53203 > 192.168.96.XX.3799: RADIUS,
Disconnect-Request (40), id: 0x7d length: 53
IP pf.your-server.com.ar.53203 > 192.168.96.XX.3799: RADIUS,
Disconnect-Request (40), id: 0x7d length: 53
IP 192.168.96.XX.3799 > pf.your-server.com.ar.53203: RADIUS, Disconnect-ACK
(41), id: 0x7d length: 44
IP pf.your-server.com.ar.50594 > 192.168.96.XX.3799: RADIUS,
Disconnect-Request (40), id: 0x72 length: 53
IP pf.your-server.com.ar.50594 > 192.168.96.XX.3799: RADIUS,
Disconnect-Request (40), id: 0x72 length: 53
IP 192.168.96.XX.3799 > pf.your-server.com.ar.50594: RADIUS, Disconnect-ACK
(41), id: 0x72 length: 44
IP 192.168.96.XX.3799 > pf.your-server.com.ar.50594: RADIUS, Disconnect-ACK
(41), id: 0x72 length: 44

and on PF side

(7) Disconnect-Request Id 1 ens192:10.100.0.2:46904 -> 192.168.96.XX:3799
+10.748
        Calling-Station-Id = "F8-59-71-C4-56-3F"
        NAS-Identifier = "18e829677602"
        Authenticator-Field = 0x776e35f33d6376547f3c57e46402ea49

(9) Disconnect-ACK Id 1 ens192:10.100.0.2:46904 <- 192.168.96.XX:3799
+10.764 +0.016
        Event-Timestamp = "Feb 22 2024 19:11:43 -03"
        Message-Authenticator = 0xa5a19f1c4f9c253ca6bfce2033d74a3c
        Authenticator-Field = 0x5384dccc7ce36e404d3ea859b818793b

It's working ok, sometimes, you can find devices that won't disconnect from
AP but it works, you can try lowering DHCP lease times on your registration
networks too.

This being said, actual state of CoA on Unifi is unknown, on new version of
the Unifi Network app, new UI won't include an option to enable/disable
CoA, you have to switch to old UI, and Unifi is stating that old UI is out
of support. As CoA is part of a feature that is on UAPs firmware, maybe
support is still there.

I'm working with new versions so I can test if CoA is still there on the
new versions and compatible with the new range of UAPs and PF version, i
will try to share my results in the next few weeks.

Enrique.

[image: Imágenes integradas 1]