Hi Diego,

Thanks for your reply.

We are using this for our Guest SSID, we don't want our internal Google
users to use it.  Have not experienced any issues with Android clients.

For anyone else who might be experiencing this blocking issue from Google
we wrote up a workaround for people using iPhone and Google.

1.    Connect to Guest Wi-Fi Network: Go to your device's Wi-Fi settings
and connect to the Guest network.
2.    Choose Google as Authenticator Provider: When prompted for
authentication, select "Google" as your authenticator provider
3.    Agree to Terms: Accept the terms and conditions presented on the
screen.
4.    Bypass Access Block Page: If you encounter an access block page,
simply tap "Cancel" to proceed.
5.    Opt for Offline Use: Select the option to use the internet "Without
Internet" or "Offline Mode" if prompted.
6.    Open Safari and Enter URL: Launch Safari web browser and type in the
URL "captive.apple.com" in the address bar.
7.    Sign in with Google Account: Follow the on-screen prompts to
authenticate using your Google account credentials.

On Wed, Jun 12, 2024 at 12:08 PM Diego Garcia del Rio <garc...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> the only way to get proper google authentication is using the ldap
> integration and your own google workspace domain (asuming you want to
> authenticate users from the ualberta.ca domain). It wont work for
> generic gmail.com users though
>
> to do this, you need to enable Secure LDAP in the google workspace admin.
>
> Android users are also similarly affected, though in some cases, the
> OS launches the full browser instead of the captive portal limited
> browser.
>

> On Wed, Jun 12, 2024 at 10:25 AM Giovanni Trapasso via
> PacketFence-users <packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > I just deployed a PacketFence captive portal for my guest wireless with
> Google as one of my Authentication Sources.  I have started receiving
> complaints when apple iphone users are trying to use the google option to
> authenticate on my captive portal.  They press the Google button, they get
> the acceptable use page but right after they press the accept button they
> get an error from accounts.google.com.  The error is similar to this:
> >
> > "
> > Access Blocked: Google appsheet's<My Portal> request does not comply
> with Google's Policies
> >
> > <My Portal> request does not comply with Google's 'Use secure browsers'
> policy. if this app has a website, you can open a web browser and try
> signing in from there. if you are attempting to access a wireless network,
> Please follow these instructions.
> >
> > You can also contact the developer to let them know that their app must
> comply with Google's 'Use secure browser' policy.
> >
> > Learn more about the error
> >
> > If you are developer of <My Portal>. See error details.
> >
> > Error: 403: disallowed_useragent
> > "
> >
> > Of course this is due to a security policy Google is enforcing.  My
> captive portal is working fine with all types of other devices, even the
> Apple iPad, but Apple iPhones are seeing this issue.
> >
> > I am curious how many others are experiencing this issue and what they
> are doing about this?  I have 2 other authentication sources for my guest
> users to choose from so it might not be a big deal
> > --

Giovanni Trapasso
Digital Networks and Data Center Services
Information Services & Technology (IST)
269 General Services Building
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
T6G 2E5

Phone: (780) 492-4696

To open a Technical Service call with IST go to:
https://ist.ualberta.ca/ <https://otrs.srv.ualberta.ca/otrs/customer.pl>

** This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to whom it
is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and/or privileged
information. Please contact me immediately if you are not the intended
action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or subsequent
reply, should be deleted or destroyed.**