Hi folks,

We have a need to enable users to self signup with their own BYOD. Users need
to sign up in a portal and then be presented a certificate profile to download
to their mobile device or PC. Ideally we don’t want to authorize by MAC address
but rather by certificate (802.1x) and based on the user’s certificate we will
want to perform policy routing or VLAN assignment in the network. Everything in
reference articles is 802.1x + MAC address but nothing on 802.1x alone.

The reason we are worried about MAC address is that it may change on the
clients device due to randomization algorithms etc. associated with features
like “private wi-fi address”.

For AAA does Packetfence HAVE to track MAC addresses? Can it not just track the
certificate?

Does Packetfence have a way to dynamically assign VLANs or policy route based
on certificate as well?

We are happy to bring a consultant or integrator in to work with us as well if
anyone is interested.

--
Joshua Moore | Archous Networks

Office: 1-866-535-0358