Sent: Saturday, February 06, 2021 at 7:18 PM
From: "Malcolm" <malcolmle...@cableone.net>

> >>The packman version has a cron job that offers the latest version
> >>available within minutes, I believe. Whereas on openSUSE one has to
> >>wait for a manual update, submission to Factory and code review.
> >>
> >>Since it's updated even multiple times a day, at times, I think the
> >>packman way offers a better service to the final user.
> >>
> >>Regards
> >>

> >Hi
> >Then I would suggest a systemd service and timer created and submitted
> >to Network Utilities. Cron is dead! ;)
> >
> >It could just be created as an extra package, the main goal is to
> >remove the unnecessary packages to reduce build resources, this seems
> >like a candidate....
> >
> Have you looked at the cronjob and script? It's not for end user use

I never claimed that, only that, as far as I understand, it's run on PMBS
without manual intervention which would not be possible on OBS.

Paging Olaf for further details.

> just a maintainer tool (should be a _service... so the actual changes
> get added.)
>
> Likewise it's broken for the original OP.... the openSUSE version
> works...

I don't get the broken -> delete implication. It usuall is broken ergo repair
it.

And regarding the weight on the meager resources of PMBS, it's certainly not
the heaviest package.

Regards