to., jan. 27 2022 at kl. 11.06 +0100 +0100 skrev Bjørn Lie <bjorn....@gmail.com> følgende:

No I added that one due to knowing that you on packman did not want to build it with full fdk-aac in the past. Hence I did it this way, so that it would be built with the altered sources we have in main obs, and not the full fdk-aac.

Take a look at https://pmbs.links2linux.org/project/prjconf/Essentials - I suspect this could be the reason for the hickup

# have choice for pkgconfig(fdk-aac): fdk-aac-devel libfdk-aac-devel
Prefer: -libfdk-aac-devel

---

This could however all have been avoided if we switched packman to only build the extra codecs in orig addon.
Those are the only plugins that differ, and what people need.

There is no reason whatsoever for rebuilding and providing the "normal" plugins.

See examples of how this could be done in

https://pmbs.links2linux.org/package/show/home:zaitor/gstreamer-plugins-bad-codecs
and
https://pmbs.links2linux.org/package/show/home:zaitor/gstreamer-plugins-ugly-codecs

That way there would be no "vendor switching" when installing the extra codecs.

/Bjørn

I forgot to add: We have added back the bcond for fdk (but kept the explicit devel-free), so on next checkin to Factory, we might end up with the situation where we build fdk-aac support in main bad package on OBS, but not on packman at all due to %define _without_fdk_aac 1 set in Essential prjconf. But fine I guess, since at least the people installing the -addon-orig package, will have faad2 and faac to handle aac decoding/encoding.

See https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/949331

/Bjørn