It really depends on how you're going to be using the application
on the Palm OS.

I wouldn't do this on a 25,000 record UPC database, but it
might make sense on an address list of (say) a hundred items.

No hard and fast rule here, just dictated by your expected usage, and
the top end to what you expect in file size (not the average file size).

Roger Stringer
Marietta Systems, Inc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
>Subject: "Select All" for Palm apps
>From: "Mark A. Peters" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:07:18 -0800

>Does the Palm app design philosophy assume that the number of database
>records managed by an app is "small", thus making it reasonable to require
>users to perform operations like deleting, printing, or beaming a record one
>record (or maybe N records via checkboxes) at a time?  Alternatively,
>perhaps the assumption is that such operations are so rare as to make
>support of en masse operations unnecessary?

>I'm asking this because I'm contemplating whether it's better to support
>"Select All" plus checkboxes in an app I'm writing, to provide checkboxes
>without "Select All", or to not even provide checkboxes.  I've noticed very
>few apps with both "Select All" and checkboxes, but then I'm sure I've only
>seen a tiny fraction of the available apps.

>Thanks,

>Mark Peters


-- 
For information on using the Palm Developer Forums, or to unsubscribe, please see 
http://www.palm.com/devzone/mailinglists.html

Reply via email to