Hi Paul,

At 12:00am -0800 00-03-24, Palm Developer Forum digest wrote:
>Subject: trademarkChr, etc., blues...
>From: Paul Nevai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 13:05:16 -0500 (EST)
>
>Did you realize that if you want your program to be truly international then
>you can't use chars like trademarkChr.  In fact, you can't use anything above
>127 [I think].  I wonder what can be done to keep trademarkChr, etc., and, at
>the same time, to allow portability.  Best regards, Paul

In the 3.5 SDK, the Chars.h header only contains characters that are
safe to use with any character encoding. Characters that are specific
to a given character encoding are contained in separate header files,
for example CharLatin.h and CharShiftJIS.h. If you want to use one of
these encoding-specific files, you'll want to define
NON_INTERNATIONAL first, then include them.

-- Ken

Ken Krugler
TransPac Software, Inc.
<http://www.transpac.com>