From: Timothy Astle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2000 10:08 AM
To: Palm Developer Forum
Subject: Re: Simple example needed

This is something I tried so that I could just Get a value from the database
so that I could display it.

theValue.BeginningValue is a floating point number.
UniqueID is just the record's ID tag

CharPtr GetValue(UInt UniqueID)
{
     tblValue theValue;

     VoidHand valueHandle = DmGetRecord(gValueDB, UniqueID);
     UnpackValue(&theValue, MemHandleLock(valueHandle));
     MemHandleUnlock(valueHandle);

     return ((CharPtr)&theValue.BeginningValue);
}

What I'm using to display the information is:
SetFieldTextFromStr(NfoStartofValueValueField, GetValue(1));

Where it takes the CharPtr and places it in the Field.

It compiles, etc, but when I run it, I get a DataManager error.  My best
guess is that it has to do with the way I'm attempting to get the value from
the database... I dunno.  I figure I'm probably going about this all the
wrong way, but if someone could please help, I'd appreciate it.

--

Timothy Astle