That is not the legal way is it,
I have an e-amail address with an .com extension. My firm has several
departments in the US. It would be really easy to lie for me and say
that I am working in the US right now. But I think it's just
discrimination that americans can download the ROM's and the people from
Europe don't.
What is the reason for this,

Patrick Heynen

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 05/03/00 09:48AM >>>
> Hi,
>
> I understand it's not legal to get a ROM from elsewhere than Palm
site or a Palm VII.
> I have another question :
>
> If
>     - you don't have a Palm VII
>     - you are in Europe --> can't get a Palm VII
>     - you did everything you were asked from Palm website and get no
answer
>     - you are not a pirat software and are ready to proove it
>     - you want to experiment web clipping
>
> what can you do to get a Palm VII ROM ?
>
> I'm affraid the only way is to look warez sites isn't it ?

  not true.. i am located in sweden, when i go to the pavillion
  and request the 3.5 and VII roms, it gives me the reverse DNS
  check and says "you are from Sweden". actually, the way it
  does it is pretty bad.. i have been in sweden and it said i
  was in the USA :P

  just a small bug in the lookup:

    .com address = USA based,
    .se  address = Sweden based

  it verified where i was, and i was able to download the roms
  as i liked. if all else fails, you can always travel to the USA,
  buy a VII and then take it back. also, if you are in the USA
  and have an account and your reverse DNS dont work? use a
  USA based machine... :P

  if it was a bug in their system? good question.. but i have the
  roms as i need them - so i dont complain. :))

  you can get everything, if you know how :P

az.
--
Aaron Ardiri
Java Certified Programmer      http://www.hig.se/~ardiri/

if you enjoy it, then it aint work :) - rule #106 of life