>According to the docs, if you try to DmSetDatabaseInfo and give it a
>database name that already exists, the function should return
>dmErrAlreadyExists. In the release color ROM, this works as advertised.
>
>However, on the debug color ROM, it crashes...

Yup, it is a bug.  Uninitialized variable, which the debug rom will
(usually) notice and complain about.  Only affects the case where you pass
in a name that is invalid, or a duplicate, or if you pass in a bogus dbID.

I've filed the bug report; thanks for letting us know.

-David Fedor
Palm Developer Support