Steve,

At 12:00am -0700 00-05-06, Palm Developer Forum digest wrote:
>Subject: color fields...NOT
>From: "Stephen Bentley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 17:20:00 -0400
>
>Howdy.  I have a program chock full of FldDrawField calls.  I'd like to draw
>the fields in color (if avail).  WinSetTextColor and WinSetForeColor have no
>effect and I
>can find no new Fld-related call to do this.  Do I have to convert all of my
>FldDrawFields to WinDrawChars?  If so I'll lose all of my word wrapping,
>etc.

1. There's no API for setting the field colors directly. They use the
UIFieldxxx colors enumerated in UIColor.h. I guess you could change
the UI colors on the fly, but that sounds risky.

2. If you just need to draw static multi-line text in color, the
routine to wrap/draw it is pretty simple. Something like (danger -
uncompiled code)

void TextBox(const Char* iText, const RectangleType* iBounds)
{
        Coord curY = iBounds->topLeft.y;

        while (*iText) {
                UInt16 bytesThatFit = FntWordWrap(iText, iBounds->extent.x);
                WinDrawChars(iText, bytesThatFit, iBounds->topLeft.x, curY);
                curY += FntLineHeight();
                iText += bytesThatFit;
        }
}