Hi Harry,

Here's a README from the Upgrading to CW Palm R6 notes in R6 that may help:

* Constructor 1.1.x, released with CodeWarrior for Palm OS R5 and the
5.1 patch had a serious flaw that has been fixed in R6.  The problem
affects Windows users and users who transferred Windows files to the
Macintosh.  There are two specific problems that need to be repaired.
Both of the problems can be repaired by opening the bitmap images in
Constructor 1.2 on Windows, modifying a pixel, and saving.

If the Mac postlinker crashes, or the Windows post-linker gives an
error stating "Unknown Opcode", you may be afflicted with this problem.
The solution to this problem is described in "Upgrading to Palm R6".

Macintosh users can attempt to fix the problems themselves by opening
the resource files with ResEdit or Resourcerer.  Select the PICT
resources from the list, making sure to hold down the 'option' key
to prevent the images from drawing.

The first problem is that the size of the PICT should not be odd if
it is a version 2 PICT.  You can tell if it is a version 2 PICT by
looking at the bytes at offset 10 thru 14 of the resource.  If they
are 0x001102FF, it is a version 2 PICT.  If the two bytes at offset
10 are 0x1101, it is a version 1 PICT and you don't need to do
anything.

If the PICT is a version 2 PICT, you should open the PICT using the
HEX viewer and add one byte, value 0x00 _before_ the final byte in
the resource, which must be 0xFF.

The second problem is related to the size of the 'extended subheader'
information in the PICT header.  If the two bytes at offset 16 are
0xFFFE, then the two byte value at offset 40 must be 0x0001.  If the
two byte value at 38 is 0x0001, then you need to insert two bytes of
padding before the the 0x0001 so that it is located at offset 40.

Rgds,
Jun-Kiat Lam
Metrowerks Technical Support