This issue came up a few days ago, and I think the solution was
to generate a UUID based upon the user name and the date.  Win
programming creates theirs based on a hashing algorithm that
uses the date and something else (I forget) to generate their
GUID's.  I'm not sure if this would exactly conform to whatever
MS "standards" there may be...but Palm OS isn't Windows.
Thankfully.  Try seeding a random value based on some operation
involving the user name and date, or just covert values around
and do some arithmetic operation with them, then use the result
to seed a random value or something like that.

//* Rus Daniel Nesse
//* Application Development
//* Avnet Convergent Technologies