Hi Tim,

>Is there such a function out there?  I searched through the header files and
>the resource pdf for an existing one, but I had no luck.

Nope. One of the problems with such a routine is that there are so
many possible text formats for dates & times. If it's a fixed,
unlocalizable format then parsing it is pretty easy, otherwise it
quickly becomes a difficult problem. This is especially true if
you're relying on user input for the date. Palm apps typically use
the SelectDay() and SelectTime() functions for date & time input,
which avoids the issues of parsing a user entered string.

-- Ken

Ken Krugler
TransPac Software, Inc.
<http://www.transpac.com>