>I can't seem to find any reference in the online descriptions of the
>Notification Manager as to which OS it appeared in.. what Version of the OS
>has to be present to use the Notification Manager?

It was first supported in version 3.5.  (Parts of it were present in one or
two previous releases but it was not yet complete or suitable for general
use.)

Actually the documentation folks have done a quite good job at detailing
what routines are available in what versions of the OS (or devices or
whatever).  On the bottom of each function listing in the Reference books
there's a Compatibility section, with a link to the full details on telling
if you can call this function or not.

-David Fedor
Palm Developer Support