The Compile.bat that came with the PalmOS SDK tutorial was adequate for my
prc compilation needs until recently. Now I need to broaden my horizons and
delve into make files. The first thing I tried to do after installing
Cygnus-GCC/SDK-3.5/PILRC/PRC-Tools2.0 for Windows was to try to run make
using the makefile for the Puzzle example.  I get the message that "Nothing
to be done for 'makefile'"(!?).  I'm perfectly willing to put the effort
into learning all about makefiles as they apply to compiling prc's, but I'm
not sure where to start. The obvious starting point is reading the Make.exe
docs.

Is there a site that someone knows about that teaches make from the
standpoint
of compiling Palm OS project? Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Also, it would be really nice if there was a "compile.bat" (ala the original
tutorial by Alex Howlett) for a starter project that is known to compile and
link so I can test to see if my development environment is set up properly
(Cygnus-GCC/SDK-3.5/PILRC/PRC-Tools2.0 for Windows). I've been fiddling
around with this beast off and on for about two weeks and I have yet to get
anything to compile. The PalmOS developers web site is no help. (My
dissatisfaction with that site is another subject worthy of a future post.)

I am not a "newbie". I started over a year ago using GNU C, Prc-tools 0.5
and PalmOS SDK 3.0 and I have a fairly successful product being sold at
PalmGear based on that platform. But the migration to 3.5, Cygnus and
PRC-tools 2.0 has been a nightmare. Not to mention the fact that I haven't
been able to add some needed features to my product because before I can, I
need to figure out how to write and compile a multi-segment app.

Mitch Fawcett
Tapn'see Software
(Home of SuperList2)
http://www.tapnsee.com