My thoughts:

1) It is a good mental exercise to think about this but is not a big
deal.

2) Anyone who will pirate your s/w would not have purchased it
anyway.  So, you are probably not losing anything anyway.

3) If the s/w is worth the effort of the 'warez' person, then it is
probably decent s/w and will sell itself and you will make money.

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Aaron Ardiri wrote:

> > The problem is that not all Palm devices have FLASH thus no ID.
> > A nice advantage (and possible a disadvantage at the same time) of using the
> > User Id is when I buy a new device, I don't have to re-register my software.
>
>   ... if you keep the same hotsync user name :))
>
>   i give my users the flexbility of owning TWO or more devices.. i only
>   use the first name of the hotsync id, so it would not generate diff.
>   codes for the following:

4) Unless your s/w is the first s/w registered, this is not much help
since the person would have already registered other programs using
whatever name he already had.  Many, don't use names with spaces.

Anyway it's a nice thought.   I just give them a second key.