This is a great idea, and repserver.com is available!  Go for it, Don!
I'll be waiting for the IPO.

Don Hyde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@news.palmos.com on 06/26/2000 10:48:01 AM

Please respond to "Palm Developer Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To:   "Palm Developer Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc:
Subject:  RE: [OT]Certification

Certification of capabilities misses the point, and can't possibly move at
internet speed.

What you really need to know is whether to believe a prospective consultant
or employee who says "I know how to do that."  If you knew whether you
could
trust the consultant, you wouldn't even need to know what it was that they
needed to know in order to do the job.  That's how it should be.  You
shouldn't have to know how to do the job yourself in order to hire someone
to do it for you.

The Better Business Bureau IS a better model.  What we need for consultancy
is a "rep server" that is a trustworthy repository for a consultant's
reputation and history.  Anybody can read it, anyone who actually hires you
can add to it.

You would have to teach HR people how to use it.  Too bad the Better
Business Bureau is probably too mired in old tech to ever do it.  "Just
call
the BBB and have them look me up.  If you like my work, tell them.
Otherwise -- well there won't be an otherwise, you're gonna love my work."