It's because the applications that back themselves up have the
backup bit checked (I think).

Go into Codewarrior's (if you have that) project settings, and
check the backup bit (Under PalmRez PostLinker) box.

One note: This makes your application kind of tough to copy protect,
as your application gets backed up to a folder in the Palm desktop
on your Hotsync computer's hard disk.  You will need an internal
application copy protection routine (ask for an ID code, etc.)

-Rus