From: Jason Kronz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2000 5:51 PM
To: Palm Developer Forum
Subject: PalmDebugger Question "Could not read source file gcrt0.c"

I'm getting really tired of not being able to debug using the GNU tools.
It
almost makes me want to start using the CW6 that's sitting on my shelf.
(sitting there because I hate everything about it, except its debugger).

So far I've been "printf" debugging and that's getting lame quick.

I've tried:
gdb,gdb+gdbplug,gdb+gdbplug+emacs,gdb+emacs,palmdebugger(3com
version), and finally palmdebugger(handspring version)

I appear to have gotten farthest with the handspring version of
the PalmDebugger.

I get my code to load to pose, and I get my symbol file to load.
The source displays at least :-).

BUT, when I run my application in POSE the debugger complains:

"Could not read source file gcrt0.c"... Where and what is this?
Isn't it the stub loader gcc code?  Please help! I'm at my whits
end, I think I may have to install CW6 afterall YAK...

Thanks,
-Jason