Eric,

At 12:00am -0700 00-07-05, Palm Developer Forum digest wrote:
>Subject: double byte Character in Avango
>From: Eric <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 11:43:56 +0800
>
>    why, in Avango, the double byte character cannot display correctly?
>some space between or half of bitmap character is cut. what's the
>problem and how to solve it if I am writing a hack to display double
>byte character(Big5/GB)?

I'm assuming that AvantGo uses their own text layout routines, which
are probably not multi-byte aware (and/or don't use the Text Manager
routines). In that case, there are many ways that code could screw up
processing double-byte characters. As to how to fix it via a hack,
sometimes you can tweak a program to fix specific problems by
patching the application, but it's often impossible to achieve
acceptable results. The best solution would be for AvantGo to modify
their app to be multi-byte aware.

-- Ken

Ken Krugler
TransPac Software, Inc.