The comm-dev-forum would be a better place for this topic...

"Scott Maxwell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> Does anyone have any great ideas
> for how to debug an app that uses IR?

I've use WinDrawChars and writing to a database. Memo Pad's database would
be a good choice. Writing to the screen is faster, but you only have 11
lines or so. Logging to a database is great because you can view the log
after a reset. Avoid a lot of slow debug code, particularly while you're
making a connection. The IrDA stack is (obviously) timing-sensitive. Buy a
big box of batteries!

> Is IrLAP the best protocol to use to
> send complex data back and forth between two devices?

I'd go up to IrLMP or TinyTP. I've had better luck with the former, but the
latter is generally preferred.

Good luck!
--
Danny Epstein