The 3.5 SDK docs for FldSetTextPtr indicate that you should call

    FldSetTextPtr(fld, NULL)

before deleting the contents of the field.  However, this causes an emulator
crash (at least in the 3.2 debug ROM) due to FldSetTextPtr calling StrLen on
the passed-in string pointer.  Is this usage supposed to be supported, or
were the docs wrong?  In my own code, I've gotten around this by just saying

    FldSetTextPtr(fld, "")

which leaves the field harmlessly pointing to an empty string in the
program's code space.
--
Ben Combee
Veriprise Wireless <http://www.veriprise.com>