Tim Astle wrote in message <17130@palm-dev-forum>...

><off topic>
>
>> char TempCode[5] = "0000\0";
>
>Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you assign arrays in this fashion?
>
>// Assuming that the \0 was a NUL terminator
>char TempCode[] = "0000";
>// or
>char TempCode[5] = {'0', '0', '0', '0', '\0'};
>
></off topic>

Hmm... that part went right by me.  True enough that you
don't need the explicit terminator on the string constant
(and later on in the StrCopy I removed it...)   In memory
this would be 0x30 0x30 0x30 0x30 0x00 0x00 (6 bytes)

However, would it cause a problem?  Depends upon how
string (char array w/ string constant) initialization is done.
If it's done until the first NUL, then no problem.  If it's done
for every char represented in the string + an additional NUL,
then we gots a problem w/ what I typed.

Properly, it would be

char TempCode[5] = "0000";

--
-Richard M. Hartman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

186,000 mi/sec: not just a good idea, it's the LAW!