Hmmm...  You can read the DragonBall register directly....

Don't fail to realize that the device is EVENT DRIVEN.

Everyone always wants the palm to be some multi-threaded
desktop OS.  A MILLISECOND is less time than an event
will even be thrown.  YOU only get 100 events per second
period.  That's providing the event loop would just swallow
a nill event and continue to process.

Throw some processing in the event loop and perhaps
you'll get 95?  90 events per second.

The palm is a PARADIGM.  It's beauty is that it's EVENT
DRIVEN.  This is NOT your desktop....  in many ways VC++
mimics the event driven model in the MSDN examples.

So I guess the serious coders out there using VC++ expect
the device to process similarly.  Don't be fooled it's a
similar style but it's not an x86 processor on Windoze...

So ifin you want a short "semi" predictable time lapse
don't set the WaitForEvent in the event loop and process
ALL events  so then you'll get AT BEST 100 events
per second (tho' they'll be nilEvents)

All the other replies say similiar things...  "you
can read the register for the ticker directly"
Backed up with...
"The time it takes to process..."

Perhaps you need to think of a different approach
since specific timing is limited in possibilities.

I've only needed 1/100 of a second and it will
maintain this accruacy to my personal satisifaction.
It would be nice if we had a more granular clock
but it taks time to pop registers & work code!

Hope you find a solution....