The one thing that would concern me about launching a 2nd application
AND allocating globals would be that there is a fixed amount of dynamic
heap.  Since both applications would be sharing that heap (I think),
means that one application that works when launching a 2nd does not
guarantee that a different application can launch the same 2nd app.

Which brings me to another question.  What IS the best method of
communication between two applications, where you MUST have global space
allocated in each application?  One application will call (launch) the
2nd application and get returned data from the 2nd.