> On the Simulators this is already built in.
> Look for the Card1 directory in the directory where the Sim is located.
> For the PalmSource 5.4 Garnet Sim the (simulated) card is called
> 4MRAMDISK.
> For the Palm(One) simulators it is POSESlot1.

I found the Card1 directory within:
[PalmInstallDir]\tools\Palm_OS_54_Simulator\debug\Card1

However, I'm still confused about "mapping" files for VFSFileOpen to work
using the 5.4 simulator. I put the test.txt file in
Card1\PALM
But the VFSFileOpen failed with the same code that worked with POSE 3.5.

I also tried creating a directory (and also a file) with the following
statements:
VFSDirCreate(gVolRefNum,  "Test061103a");
VFSDirCreate(gVolRefNum,  "/Test061103b");
VFSFileCreate(gVolRefNum, "Test061103c");
VFSFileCreate(gVolRefNum, "/Test061103d");

And then tried to find where they were created by using FileFinder on
Test06103 ... but they didn't turn up anywhere.

I'm still baffled ... With the 5.4 simulator and the above location of the
Card1 subdirectory, where should the file test.txt be so that this statement
succeeds?
VFSFileOpen(gVolRefNum, "/PALM/MyApp/test.txt", vfsModeRead, &fileRef);