You can use the proc alarm to avoid the device appearing to wake up (screen
stays off), PLUS you can avoid the need to lock down a database and code
resource. Copy the relevant piece of code to feature memory or heap (don't
forget MemPtrSetOwner(0)), and register that code to receive the proc alarm
(and notifications, too). Just remember that you do not have global memory,
nor should you use much stack, because you are borrowing somebody else's
stack when you run. When you are finished with the process, don't forget to
turn off the proc alarm, unregister any notifications, and free up the
feature or heap.

Adapt, as necessary for larger processes.

Works great.

On 3/7/07, Sébastien Pineau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> IMHO, you should find the right advices here:
> http://news.palmos.com/read/messages?id=182843#182843
>
> Regards,
> Seb

[Jeff Loucks]