Jagat Nibas Mahapatra wrote:
> Nice explaining. Don't we have tiny printers which can be connected to the
> slot the palm device has [sync slot] and can be printed from a palm device ?
> Kind of pretty good scenario for sales persons..

check printers here: http://www.datecs.bg

we used them for our projects, they have library which gives you possibility to
print and its very easy to support it from your application. they also allow to
upload localised fonts so you can print in simple text mode and still have
printouts localisable - something we never were able to make with very common
brands like hp etc. for such company only english language exists and everything
else must be printed in graphics mode - or look for alternative hardware.

unfortunately most managers of sale persons are (censored) so poor salesmen walk
with pda and huge printer because management wants their printouts big.... so to
be on safe side its better to support also ordinary irlpt and bluetooth printers

 you may search for IrPad sources, its public domain and it works. so IrLpt part
of printing is not so big problem with its help. when you will see how its done
you will understand why IR communication is pain and you will never want to
touch it again :-)

for bluetooth its simple, you just open new serial manager and tell it to use
bluetooth. then you only write to 'serial'. all bluetooth printers we tried
support it

with this you can also support serial printers, its same code only different
parameter to opening function