Hello,

I am running my software on the emulator. It is built and debugged using
PRC-Tools.
I am using HostFS to emulate a memory card, and I'm testing a backup module
I wrote that backs up information on a memory card.

In one of the functions I'm ensuring that the backup folder on the memory
card exists, and I'm doing that by using the VFSDirCreate() function
(documented p. 1049 in "Palm OS Reference").

I am getting a return value of 10754 from the function, which is 0x2A02,
which is the definition of vfsErrFileGeneric in VFSMgr.h.
There is no mention of such a return value in the documentation of the
VFSDirCreate() function.

The function worked fine on a physical device, but I do not have one
accessible now, so I need to use the emulator.

Here is a log of the debug session (#define BACKUP_FOLDER
"/PALM/SivanBackup"):

Breakpoint 1, EnsureBackupFolderExistance (u_wVolumeReference=1,
    szBackupFolder=0x3d920 "/PALM/SivanBackup/2008-01-26 18-25-24")
    at Backup.c:168
168         error = VFSDirCreate(u_wVolumeReference, BACKUP_FOLDER);
(gdb) print u_wVolumeReference
$1 = 1
(gdb) n
170         if(error == 0 || error == vfsErrFileAlreadyExists)
(gdb) print error
$2 = 10754

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

P.S. My restoration module, which restores data from previous back-ups,
works fine. This proves the memory card emulation works when reading from
it, but there seems to be a problem when writing to it.