Yes, I believe you have to accept the connection.  You can take a look at
http://kb.palmsource.com/cgi-bin/palmsource.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=21
for a few examples.

/**************************************************
Heath Schaefer
Product Engineer
Sporlan Division, Parker Hannifin Corporation
636.239.7711 x243

"Kelly Leal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
02/28/2008 11:30 AM
Please respond to
"Palm Developer Forum" <palm-dev-forum@news.palmos.com>

"Palm Developer Forum" <palm-dev-forum@news.palmos.com>
cc

Subject
Server sockets (Treo 650)

    I'm trying to create a server socket (using Treo 650) but I'm not
getting success! Here is part of my code:

   socketRef = NetLibSocketOpen(netSocketAddrINET, netSocketTypeStream,
netSocketProtoIPTCP, wait, &err);
   if (err != errNone)
      return err;

   NetLibSocketBind(socketRef, (NetSocketAddrType*) &addrIN,
sizeof(addrIN), wait, &err);
   if (err != errNone)
      return err;

   NetLibSocketOptionSet(socketRef, netSocketOptLevelSocket,
netSocketOptSockNonBlocking, &Value, sizeof(Value), wait, &err);
   if (err != errNone)
      return err;

   NetLibSocketOptionSet(socketRef, netSocketOptLevelTCP,
netSocketOptTCPNoDelay, &Value, sizeof(Value), wait, &err);
   if (err != errNone)
      return err;

   NetLibSocketListen(socketRef, backlog, wait, &err);
   if (err != errNone)
      return err;

   // That's how I'm getting the IP address
   if((err = NetLibSettingGet(netIFSettingActualIPAddr, &dhcpPPPAddress,
&bufSize)) == errNone)
      alert("%d", dhcpPPPAddress);
   NetLibAddrINToA(dhcpPPPAddress, buf);
   alert(buf);

   I get the IP Address here and try to connect to it, using a Java
program, but I get the exception java.net.ConnectException: Connection
timed out: connect.
   All the functions above are working (they're returning errNone), but I
don't know how to test it, to make sure that's working well! What about
the NetLibSocketAccept? Shouldn't I use it too?
   Can anybody help me? Thanksssssssssss in advance!:)

    Kelly