    Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 14:00:27 -0500
    To: palm-dev-forum@news.palmos.com
    Subject: Re: Launching error during debug?
    From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    Things you need to check up on:

    Simple things to check first:

        * Make sure a PRC is actually built at the end of the build. I
          often have the thing build successfully but for some reason
          makes no PRC.
        * Make sure you set up the debugging session in the dev suite
          by going to um... Run (~the menu you run stuff
          from...whatever its called~) -> Debug..., and in the
          "Target" tab, make sure you select "Simulator" or something.

    1. Make sure the simulator runs on its own (start it manually)
        a. Make sure in the settings (right click) under
    communications, that there is a connection set up for the
    Debugger. Note the port number...
        b. Make sure you have chosen the appropriate ROM
    (Simulator_Full_EFIGS_Release.rom or
    Simulator_Full_EFIGS_Debug.rom should do just fine since it covers
    multiple languages. Those         files are in the folders I
    mention in #2.
    2. Check Windows Firewall. Make sure PalmSim_54_dbg.exe and
    PalmSim_54_rel.exe are in the allowed programs list (I forget the
    real name of the exes).
        If not, ADD them. They are typically in:
        C:\Program Files\ACCESS\Garnet OS Development
    Suite\sdk-5r4\tools\Palm_OS_54_Simulator, debug and release
    subfolders respectively.
    3. If its not fixed by now... then reinstalling the whole dev
    suite is the best way to go. Make sure you completely uninstall it
    first, though.
        a. Oh, and I found out that using the newest cygwin build
    doesn't really mess up the Palm OS build environment, except that
    in the resource xrd files you have to replace C:\ (drive names)
    with     cygwin paths like /cygdrive/c/. This is because of the
    newer version of make...or something.

    Okay, I think i really killed the topic for you. I couldn't help
    you with device debugging, though, because I haven't exactly been
    so successful with that (yet).

    Good luck,

    Shorin

    karthik wrote:

        hi i am having following error during debug my application, this error
arise after launching simulator then it doesn't run the application, the error
pop up window is,

        Launching(Error: Target request failed: Errors occurred during the load
process. Run aborted..)

        i am using garnet development suit IDE, windows xp, the problem is
occurred during second time i am running the application after enter into IDE
please help for me..