In the Tungsten T5 Flow Control sample that is in the PalmSDK they check
to see if the device is a T5.

Boolean IsDeviceT5 ()
{
        UInt32 deviceID=0;
        FtrGet(sysFtrCreator, sysFtrNumOEMDeviceID, &deviceID);
        if (deviceID == 'TnT5')
        return true;
        else
                return false;
}

They call FtrGet to fill in the device ID. What is your "global" variable
pointing to?

/**************************************************
Heath Schaefer
Product Engineer
Sporlan Division, Parker Hannifin Corporation
636.239.7711 x243

"Oleg Ignatov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
03/12/2008 12:30 PM
Please respond to
"Palm Developer Forum" <palm-dev-forum@news.palmos.com>

"Palm Developer Forum" <palm-dev-forum@news.palmos.com>
cc

Subject
DeviceID validation trouble

Hello All,
I am trying to determine whether current device is Treo or Centro device.
I wrote the following code. But it does not work correctly with Treo680
device. It does not determine Tre680.

Err devErr = errNone;
if (global->oemCompany != hsHwrOEMCompanyID_HandSpring)
 devErr = dmErrInvalidParam;
if (global->deviceID != kPalmOneDeviceIDTreo600 && global->deviceID !=
kPalmOneDeviceIDTreo650 && global->deviceID != kPalmOneDeviceIDVentura  &&

global->deviceID != kPalmOneDeviceIDLowrider  && global->deviceID !=
kPalmOneDeviceIDTorino && global->deviceID != kPalmOneDeviceIDGandalf)
 devErr = dmErrInvalidParam;
if(devErr == errNone)
 ;//this is treo or centro device

Please advice how can I resolve this trouble.

Thanks.

Oleg Ignatov.