Hi all,

this is regarding timers in palm (I've been thro the archives)
when I parse and render a WAP card I come accross the ontimer tag..which calls
my createTimer function:-

BOOL  BrowserTimerExists ;
UInt16 BrowserTimeoutValue;

createTimer(void *usrAgent, uint16 period)
  {

    BrowserTimerExists = TRUE;
    BrowserTimeoutValue = GetTimeMSec() + period*100;
    return SUCCESS;
    }

where GetTimeMSec() returns the time in milliseconds (this function works)

and then I perform this check in the eventLoop...

   do {
          status = CheckTimer();
                EvtGetEvent(&event, 1);
                 if (! SysHandleEvent(&event))
                  if (! MenuHandleEvent(0, &event, &error))
                   if (! AppHandleEvent(&event))
                        FrmDispatchEvent(&event);
        } while (event.eType != appStopEvent);

Now the above code seems to perform alright and I get the cards rendered on
the screen but at the end when the EvtGetEvent is called after the check timer
it throws up an error : read from Low memory,
Is there something wrong with my timer functions? is there a better way to
implement them?..

my CheckTimer function is given by

CheckTimer()
{

          if(BrowserTimerExists)
          {
       if( NW_Time_GetTimeMSec() >= BrowserTimeoutValue){
            return NW_Wml_Timeout(wmlIntepreter);
          }
       }
}