"Chris Percival" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> There is no real way of having a background task is there?  I guess the
> closest you could get is to set an alarm to do somthing at regular
> intervals?  Any other ways?
>
> Chris

>From http://www.palm.com/devzone/docs/pptdg/ch02.htm#P28_611:
Let's look in more detail at this tight interaction of the OS and the
applications on the handheld. The Palm OS runs on top of a preemptive
multitasking kernel. One task runs the user interface. Other tasks handle
things like monitoring input from the tablet. ...
NOTE:

Applications run within the single-user interface thread and therefore can't
themselves be multithreaded.