"David A. Desrosiers" wrote:

> > Well, hopefully you'd code it up like:
> >
> > for (int a = 0; a < 10; a++)
> > {
> >      doSomething();
> > }
>
>         Won't 'gcc -S foo.c' help you here? I've used it in the past to
> compile the loop execution into asm source, then test the loop for speed
> and byte size. Then again, that's really arguing about which byte is the
> most expensive to the process calling it.

This is, IMHO, the easiest way to write optimized assembly.  Writing new
functions
from scratch is not my thing, but I'm pretty good at spotting small sections
of bad compiler output and rewriting them in assembly for performance.

--
Adam Wozniak                     Senior Software Design Engineer
                                 Surveyor Corporation