before and after this variable which got overwritten create dummy variables and
set them with some magic values (not zeros!)

then just check these values very often (maybe with some macro) and show
alert/stop on breakpoint as soon as they got changed. when you will know area
where it happens you can make check happen ore often and soon you will know
exact line