> Palm CEO Ed Colligan said Wednesday morning at the Thomas Wiesel
> Technology and Telecom Conference in San Francisco:

> "The Palm OS is officially dead, having been on life support for
> nearly five years.

Actually, wasn't it Palm itself that was on life support, keeping itself busing
selling, buying and reselling its OS instead of expanding it and designing new
devices?

Hail the new smartphone. Before, we could buy a simple PDA and perform tasks
such as computing sea tides, displaying a sky map or surveying a cave. But who
cares about such frivolous taks, now that we can connect instantly to Facebook
;)

Luc Le Blanc