My registration is very simple. They e-mail me my hotsync ID and I e-mail them back their registration key. It is the most easily guessable key in the work anyway. The way I see it, if they try to find away around registering it, then they won't pay me anyway.

I don't give crippleware. If it too much to send me $5.00 to buy a key it must not be that useful too them.

My other program, I told them to send money to an organization I support if they like the program. I just had a checkbox that they checked to say they donated. If they checked it, I went on the honor system and changed the About screen to Registered user.

I would worry on this registration stuff if it would still work on the WebOS Palm Classic Emulator.

codemaker wrote:
Hi Everybody

I'm trying to create a registration system for a new software and I would like
to have your opinions on the following issues.

When you distribute your software to various sites do you provide registration mechanism to them?
At some point when the program checks for registration Key/File it will for
example set a boolean variable to true. Do you do it other way?

Is it possible to check if my program is modified and prevent it from running?