brightnessfix is a native arm app/hack/etc, that among other things
messes with memory mapping, hardware access, and palmos globals. it
CANNOT be duplicated on the simulator. But you can replace it with
your own app, that does nothing on the sim, for sim-based testing.

----
Best Regards,
Dmitry Grinberg
(847) 226 9295