On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 2:40 AM, John V Sutton <john.sut...@xtaq.com> wrote:

> Ryan,
> Forgive my ignorance, but is it documentation on Palm system functions
> that you require?
> There's a section in the companion.pdf that documents these if it's of
> use to you.

What I am looking for basically, is porting some old, unsupported code from
OnBoardC Suite to GCC.
The code is Harry Konsta's StdIOLib which is used in his VFSDos and Phillipe
Guillot's PalmPascal Compiler.

http://pages.total.net/~hkonstas/vfsdos.html

I am porting it to GCC to use in the new incarnation of OnBoardC being
worked on by John Wilund and I here: p.sf.net/onboard-ng/main
We are using StdioLib to have plugin<->core communication.

There are certain parts of this code which must be rewritten due to minor
differences in OnBoardC notations and GCC notations. Notably at the moment:
small assembly hacks which works on saving and restoring the A6 register to
global for app start and exit.

void Tag(void)
{
    __asm__("link a6,#0\n\t"
        "move.l a6,-(a7)  ; push a6\n\t"
          "jsr setA6_00(pc) ; no need of add #4,a7\n\t"
          "unlk a6 \n\t");
}

void exit(int code)
{
  __asm__("jsr getA6_00(pc) ; get value in d0 \n\t"
      "movea.l d0,a6    ; restore a6 \n\t"
      "move 4(a7),d0    ; return value\n\t"
      "unlk a6          ; restore stack \n\t"
      "rts\n\t" );
}

The inline notation itself is legal (changed that already) however, it's the
assembly commands themselves which I am worried about: are those legal
syntax to pass to m68k-palmos-as?

As for my original question:

I am asking for documentation on SysLib* calls because GCC complains about
this call:
      // Close StdioLib
      if(StdioLibRef!=-1)
      {
        err=SysLibClose(StdioLibRef,&usecount); // too many arguments to
SysLibClose
        if (usecount==0)
        {
          SysLibRemove(StdioLibRef);
        }
      }

As I am not sure when to call SysLibRemove without this usecount argument I
am kind of lost as to what to do with it.

--
Thanks and best regards,
Ryan Rix

Jasmine Bowden - Class of 2009, Marc Rasmussen - Class of 2008, Erica
Sheffey - Class of 2009, Rest in peace.