Under CW 9.3, I compile my C code as C++. I often use optional arguments for
functions in my project, but suddenly, the compuler refuses a new one (in the
very same project):

It is declared in a single header file:

Boolean ReadSurveyShotForm( FormPtr form, Boolean quickMode = false );

and defined in a single C file:

Boolean ReadSurveyShotForm( FormPtr form, Boolean quickMode )
{
}

I checked this thoroughly. I tried renaming that argument, changing the default
value to 'true' or changing it to UInt16, no difference. I know it's not
Palm-specific, but is it for CW 9.3? Or am is it just me?

Luc Le Blanc