Richard Anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Anyone know why sometimes the compiler gives the error

*Which* compiler?

> PS - The compiler also does not handle even word alligment correctly - ie if
> you point a UInt 16 * at an odd address and read it you get a bus error. Im
> sure that the complier should handle this !!!

I'm sure that it should not. When I create a pointer to something, then
dereference that pointer, the compiler had better not change the value
of the pointer behind my back!

Pointers in C are like a high-powered rifle: very useful in the hands
of a skilled marksman, but not too smart about what they're pointed at.

--
Roger Chaplin
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>