I am working with OS 3.5. The features are great.

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From:   DIAMOND JEFF [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Tuesday, July 18, 2000 1:20 PM
To:     Palm Developer Forum
Subject:        Using OS 3.5 calls...

This is a question that generally applies to all platforms and all OS's,
but I wanted some advice from actual Palm programmers as to how long
they wait before writing to the highest OS.

OS 3.5 has some very nice features I could take advantage of.  But if I
use it more than trivially, I'd have to write a substantially different
version of my code to work on < 3.5 devices.  And once I finished this,
I'd have accomplished the same thing without using 3.5.

Yet, obviously Palm wants us to use their new features...

Any thoughts?