Hi there,

I don't know how what the input needed for DmCreateDatabaseFromImage() and I am not
sure what you want to do.
If you want to create a database (resource db or record db) in Palm and you have the
database in desktop format (.prc, .pdb), you can do st similar to what people do in
the Netsample project (palm OS example or Palm OS extra) The file I look at is ftp.c.
By doing what they do, I can create a db in Palm from a desktop file and vice versa
using the database manager.
Hope that help.

tnn

Original msg...

I have the O'Reilly book for palm programming, and it gives sample code for
"DmCreateDatabaseFromImage" where it gets imageHandle = DmGetResource
('DBIM', 1000); It goes on to say that I can just provide the user with a
Palm database PDB file to download which I want to do. But it goes on to
say that "The exercise of getting a data file into a resource in your
application is not covered here. Your development enivronment determines
how you do this." So where do I go to do this? I am using Codewarrior 5
(with patches) and PalmOS 3.0.  Any pointers to further references
(tutorials, docs, etc) would be much appreciated.

thanks,
Quan