On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Nesse, Rustin wrote:

> >I don't know if this is generic to palm databases or just applicable
> >to MemoPad but I have a problem for which I need a tip.
> >
> >I have an application that saves data to MemoPad.  But I would like
> >my application to be able to identify MemoPad records that were
> >created by the application itself.
> >
> >Is there a way to save some data (always the same) to each record
> >created so that my application can look for that data.  I don't want
> >the data to be visible when the record is viewed in MemoPad.  Where
> >could (should) I place such identifyiers?
> >
> What I did is to insert the date and time at the beginning of each
> MemoPad record I saved.  You could also put something like *ProgramMemo*
> at the very beginning of the MemoPad record (I liked to StrCopy that
> to the beginning of my MemoPad buffer, then cat all the rest of my data
> to the buffer after it). This way, you can see which ones are which via
> the list.

That's what I do now.  But that data is visible when you look at the
record in MemoPad.  What I was looking for was some way to save data
that is not visible from within MemoPad.  The data would be the same for
all records for my application, and would only appear in MemoPad records
that my application creates.