> Developers ARE the public.  If you don't want to tell the public, you
> don't tell the external developers.

        What about "internal" developers (not Palm employees) who have
signed up for and given their NDA with signature (on paper no less) for
access to information that is not generally available to the public? Where
has that gone?

        A simple "Release Portal" or something behind spp.palmos.com would
be a nice touch, since we all have to log in to see or use anything there
anyway. (I actually bumped into the guy that runs that site here in SSF at
CompUSA about 2 weeks ago =)

> There's probably a bunch of "journalists" watching this conversation
> right now.

        I should hope so. They have a moral obligation to see what's going
on in the development space (as well as pre-release ideas). I'm sure tons
of stories and secrets have been gleaned from here as well as dozens of
other "public" mailing lists.