>Simply set the type to something other than appl.  I don't know how
>you plan on launching it, but you can always sysappuiswitch to it.

There may or may not be unintended consequences to setting the
application to a type other than appl; the simplest way is definitely to
set the dmHdrAttrHidden bit in the database (i.e., the prc) header.
dmHdrAttrHidden is defined as 0x0100 in DataMgr.h, and the database
header used to be defined in DataPrv.h; I'm not sure where that file has
gone in the latest SDK, I must admit (but attributes follows immediately
the first 32 bytes which are the database name). I just modify the
appropriate bit with HexEdit.

Steve Patt
President, Stevens Creek Software
  http://www.stevenscreek.com/palm
  Best PQA ("ePQA"), PalmSource 99
  Best Application ("PizzaScan"), Palm Developer's Conference 1998
  First printing software for the Palm - September, 1997