On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Nesse, Rustin wrote:

> >So it can browse memos larger than 32k.  I created the ~32k file in
> >another application.
> >
> >Mike
>
> I'm going to have to see this for myself...I was told by a support
> engineer with Palm that there was a 4k limitation on this, and I've had
> some problems when I went over 4k on the records.  I didn't think there
> were any big changes on MemoPad from 3.0 - 3.5, but anything's possible.
> How slow is the scrolling on the field, by the way?  Can you scroll
> through the entire record, or can you just see the name in the list?
> Have you tried adding MemoPad native records after adding a 32k, then
> reloading?  Tried Hotsyncing them out?

Have at it.  I'm doing it right now.  By the way, I'm not using 3.5.  I
have a IIIc and am using that OS that came with it when it was first
released.  It's not 3.5.

Slow... seems like it is just as with any other record.  No, I can
scroll through the entire record.  I have essentially 8 records, in my
applications term and I can see all 8.  What I can't do, is add
anything.  I can delete things.

Also, if I try to load the db in MemoPad on the PC side, it is truncated
to 4k.

I have two records, less than 200 bytes, after these two long
records.  See, I actually have two MemoPad records of nearly 32k.  I
don't seem to be able to do records >32k for some reason.  I have hot
sync'd and the long MemoPad records are not changed.

It seems to be only a writing problem.

Mike