>From Address Book sample code:
EditViewLoadTable
EditViewGetFieldHeight
or
RecordViewAddField

HTH,
Randy Maxwell

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Nevai [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2000 5:25 AM
To: Palm Developer Forum
Subject: a Memo Pad [or text field] question

Dear Fellow Palm Programmers:

Here is a challenging question. I would prefer a solution using the
published
SDK w/o using private functions in Field.c. I could [did] solve the problem
with Field.c but that is risky [and complicated] since Field.c may change in
future OSs.

For simplicity, let's talk about Memo Pad. I define a ScreenLine as the
collection of characters which show up as one line on the screen. Of course,
this depends on the display font.

Is there a way to determine how many ScreenLines will a given record take
up?

Is there a way to determine the insertion point position of the beginning
of the 25th ScreenLines from the current insertion point [without moving
there]?

Thanks!

Best regards, Paul [pedit: http://home.columbus.rr.com/nevai/palm/ ]